You asked, Ibis delivered, the new Ibis Mojo HD4 “Back in Black. You probably remember the stealth Mojo HD4 Ibis debuted under their EWS winning race team last year. If not, it was a stealth black color way. Ibis has received thousands of requests to release the HD4 in stealth black for the past six months. It’s finally here.
Ibis teased the new color at the Core Bike Show in England last weekend. The new “Back in Black” frames will be in stock at Ibis and ready to ship on Monday, February 5th. On Tuesday, February 6th, Ibis will officially announce the new color. For now, this is one of the only places you can preview the sick new color.
The HD4 is the latest in a series of popular trail bikes from Ibis, featuring 27.5″ wheels and 150mm of rear wheel travel, delivered through the efficient dw-link suspension. Building on the success of the HD3 and its predecessors, the HD4 has been further refined and optimized to handle the steepest most aggressive terrain found worldwide. Testing over the past year was conducted throughout Northern California’s most rugged back country trails and also by members of our Enduro World Series (EWS) team.
What’s new in the HD4?
- Refined progressive geometry
- 64.9 degree head tube angle
- Reach increases across the size range (4mm on small, to 34mm on XL)
- Seat tube length reduction and bore depth increase, allowing for the longest droppers
- 30% stiffer upper link, 40% stiffer lower link
- Increased progression in shock leverage curve for better big hit performance
- Re-engineered carbon layup yielding greater frame stiffness overall
- dw-link v5 kinematics, Dave’s most efficient system to date
- Available in Fireball Red, Añejo Silver & Lime, and now Back in Black
Last season, the Ibis Cycles Enduro Race Team crushed it on the HD4. The team frequently found themselves atop the podium after riding the new HD4.
Keep your eyes peeled for the official release at IbisCycles.com.