Ibis Cycles just announced the newest version of their Hakkalügi. They’re calling it the Hakka MX. The Hakka MX is their answer to the Swiss Army Knife. The Hakka MX is a gravel bike, a cross bike, and a road bike. The bike they would choose if, heaven forbid, they could only have one bike. We’d call that a quiver killer.
You can outfit the bike with 27.5 mountain bike wheels, where it will accept up to a 2.1” tire. In 700c mode, it will accommodate very nicely tires from 23c to over 40c.
With the hydraulic brakes being so good on CX/road/gravel bikes now, coupled with the ability to run big-volume big-traction tires, this bike is a total blast on dirt, especially fast flowing singletrack.
- Ability to run 700C Wheels or 27.5″ Wheels
- Carbon Fiber Monocoque Frame, 150g lighter than prior Hakkalügi
- 142mm through axle rear dropout spacing
- T47 Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Versatile Internal Cable Routing
- Disc Brake Compatible
- Dropper Post Compatible
- 1X or 2X friendly
- Fender mounts
- Available last week of November
This is going to be a super fun rig, we can’t wait to try it out. Find out more at IbisCycles.com.